Electrician Career Path to Date
- Apprenticeship – Earn while you Learn
- Electrical Service Technician – Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems mainly for residential and commercial contracts
- Virtual Construction Services – Planning, visualization, and computer modeling of projects. Building Information Modeling – Create 2D and 3D designs and models for construction projects.
Nick Bangs March Employee Spotlight
Meet Nick Bangs, one of Price Electric’s People You Can Rely On. Nick Bangs is an electrical apprentice and provides electrical service work to our customers. He enjoys service work, which includes residential and commercial remodels and service calls to trouble shoot and provide repairs. He especially likes problem solving when something isn’t working correctly. He is currently growing his skillset and will transfer to our Virtual Construction Services (VCS) department.
In his spare time Nick enjoys hanging out with his wife, friends, family, and remodeling his house.
What is the best thing about your job?
The best thing about my job is that I enjoy learning new things. I like the people I work with. They’re fun people, you get along, you get the work done and they teach you how to do something you didn’t know or a little trick here and there, it’s a fun place.
What has been one of your proudest moments working at Price Electric?
I have a background in software testing, multi-media, and IT technology, so when I was first employed at Price Electric, I developed an App for service billing.
What are three things that people might be surprised to find out about you?
- I like to make websites for fun.
- I taught myself how to code.
- I like to cook, and my specialty is home-made pizzas. I’ve made everything from crab Rangoon pizza to seven-layer dip pizza. I’ve made my own BBQ sauce.
Where is your hometown?
I live in Washington, Iowa but I grew up on a farm in Dows, IA., raising hogs and crops. My dad was a great mentor for hard work. My family is tight, and we see each other often.
Can you describe Price Electric in 5 words or less?
- Good people
What is on your bucket list?
I’d like to visit all 50 states, see the different continents, travel to Venice, and sky-dive.
What would you say to someone considering a career with Price Electric?
It’s a good place to work, great people, their friendly and you’ll get along with everybody here.
What was the first best vacation you have ever had?
My wife and I did a road trip for our honeymoon. We visited the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Bear Country USA in South Dakota, and the Grand Canyon.
What is your favorite Price Electric Core Value?
Rely on Us. “It is important to be reliable and have the customer know they can depend on you to be there on time and do the job efficiently and correctly.