It can be difficult to decide when to call in an emergency service call. You may be hesitant to make an unnecessary call, but when it comes to electricity, it is better to be safe than sorry.
If you are in need of emergency electrical services, then don’t hesitate—contact Price Electric at 319-393-6406 and will attend to your electrical needs as soon as possible!
Some electrical repairs are more direr than others. Knowing the right time to call an emergency electrician can be confusing. Here are some situations when you definitely need professional service:
- Buzzing and Humming – Loud humming from a breaker box can indicate a faulty breaker that is failing to trip, or has poor wiring. This can be dangerous and can expose your home to a wide variety of electrical failures.
- Loss of Power – There can be many reasons for a loss of power. If you lose power we recommend first to contact your electrical provider to verify if they know why you lost power. If they do not know why then the problem is likely inside your home.
- Burning Smells – This can be a serious problem. Smells that resemble burnt plastic can mean damaged wires which can turn into an electrical fire. We recommend you shut off power to the area where the smell is coming from, and call Price Electric immediately.
- Signs of Overloaded Outlets – If you spot blackened or brown marks around your in-home outlets, they are most likely overloading and getting entirely too hot. You’ll need professional assistance for this.
- Wires in Water – This can be highly dangerous as electrocution or fire can happen if someone or something comes into contact with the water or an object within the water.
- Exposed Wires – Any time that you see exposed wires it can mean a risk of electrocution or fire.
When you need an electrician, our certified emergency service professionals can respond to your emergency service promptly. We have multiple employees on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can schedule an after-hours emergency service call by calling 319-393-6406 and choosing option 9.
Any time you are worried about electrical safety, you should contact the certified electricians at Price Electric!
I remember smelling something like a burned wire before and turns out it was our electric cable. I was grateful I’ve read this article before and helped me a lot. I called immediate assistance then after.
Thank you Nigel for taking the time to review the article. We’re glad that it was helpful to you as well.